Macintosh SE Keyboard Restoration
Just like the StyleWriter II, it’s been a while since I started restoring the Macintosh SE. Busy, busy, busy.
I picked up more 30% H2O2 this weekend to restore the StyleWriter II. I figured this was the perfect opportunity to finally finish the SE. After all, all that was left to do was give the keyboard another bath.
Here’s the workflow:
I gave all the keys and top case a good soaking. I then threw them in with the StyleWriter II.
I rinsed them off and dried them. I then started the reassembly.
I think at this point it’s safe to just jump right into the before and after pictures...Before:
By far the yellowest part of the whole project.After:
A little “ashy” but at least the yellow is gone. I think it came out pretty good. Still, I really have to stop making the solution so strong.Before:After:
Flash can be deceiving. The after shot looks worse than the before one. Trust me, it’s not.Before:
Again, I know it’s a little “ashy”, but it’s clean. Before:
Yikes! Look at that spacebar!After:
Under the keys. This has to be a health violation.After:
I wouldn’t eat off it, but at least I don’t have to wash my hands after touching it.And the final before and after shots. Not too shabby.